Vintage Wedding Tips
Vintage weddings are chic romantic and all the rage, lately. We asked Bridal stylist Marissa, our in-house vintage lovin’ lady for her top 5 vintage wedding tips. Here’s what she recommends…
1. Incorporating Lace - Lace bridal gowns are considered to be one of the most vintage looking styles. Don’t be afraid to play with different necklines, especially keyhole backs or some sort of sleeve.
2. Using Heirloom Pieces - Heirloom veils and jewelry can add an authentic vintage aspect to your wedding. Having these mementos with you on your wedding day can also be a great way to keep your loved ones close on your special day!
3. Using a muted color palate - Blush, taupe, and other natural colors work very well for this style of wedding. Often using a mixture of these colors can create a vintage tone.
4. Keeping it simple - Creating a vintage wedding is all about keeping things simple. Think about this when choosing your flowers and cake and photographer. Stay away from anything that seems overworked or overdone.
5. It’s all in the details - Having a beautiful antique garter, handkerchief, or even a pocket watch for the groom can be that extra special little touch that sets your wedding apart.